- Insure that missile shield is back in Europe (Poland?, Czech Republic?). “Speaking to reporters at the White House, Obama was careful to portray his decision as a revamping, not an abandonment, of European missile defense. He said he would replace the long-range system Bush envisioned — which had a spotty testing record — with a more reliable defense system aimed at countering what Obama called a more imminent threat from Iran’s short-range missiles, which can travel up to 5,000 miles and potentially strike continental Europe.” Obama scraps Bush millile-defense plan
- Coordinate with other nations: Securing Nuclear Material
- Open the discussion on a long-term solution for abortion legislation to establish three phases: Discretionary, Under Medical Advisement, Under Medical Order.
- Dial back all “too big to fail” supports.
- Host presentations on Anthropogenic Global Warming, to make presentations of proponents and opponents available without sensationalism.
You have to be kidding! It appears that, having learned nothing form the “subprime mortgage” fiasco except that you do have to use different language to sneak the same nonsense through a second time, we appear to be about to watch Subprime Mortgage II: The Alternative Loan Escapade.
Read about it FrontPageMag.com:
It only takes two paragraphs to get a good idea of what’s coming, so, for your convenience, start here:
“Remember a few years ago, when the American housing market collapsed as a direct result of government policies that—in the name of racial justice—pressured banks to approve mortgage loans for massive numbers of underqualified nonwhite applicants? Remember how that collapse set in motion the financial crisis that then-presidential candidate Barack Obama repeatedly called “the worst economy since the Great Depression”? And remember how Obama—who had long been a leading proponent of precisely the policies that had triggered the crisis—cast himself as the savior who was going to restore fiscal sanity and untangle the whole big mess?
“Well, now Savior Obama and his White House are excitedly introducing Americans to their latest brainchild, the “HomeReady” mortgage program—offered through Fannie Mae and designed to help borrowers in “low-income” and “high-minority” census tracts. “For the first time,” boasts Fannie Mae, “income from a non-borrower household member [e.g., a roommate or family member] can be considered to determine an applicable debt-to-income ratio for the loan.” And if those combined incomes aren’t enough to qualify an applicant for a mortgage loan, HomeReady comes with additional built-in “flexibilities” like “allowing income from non-occupant borrowers, such as parents.” In other words, just keep rounding up everyone you know, until you can scrape together a 3% down payment and show a combined income that’s high enough to qualify for an individual loan. This makes the slipshod lending standards that caused the crisis of 2008 look exacting by comparison.
I was going to say that I’d bring the popcorn, but I think my appetite just died.